"UCF Metro with Linda Chapin" Television Series Collection
Scope and Contents
Series I: "UCF Metro with Linda Chapin", 2001-2006 has four seasons. Season one has eight episodes while the following seasons have ten. As of August 14th, 2005, the format for which these episodes were stored for playback were switched from videotape to DVD. All videotape up through season three has a DVD copy, whereas halfway through season four, only a DVD copy exists
- Created: 2001-2006
- UCF Metropolitan Center for Regional Studies (Organization)
This collection is open for research.
Unpublished records are protected by copyright. Permission to publish quote or reproduce must be secured from the repository and the copyright holder.
Biographical or Historical Information
In November of 2001, the UCF Metropolitan Center for Regional Studies began a new show entitled "UCF Metro with Linda Chapin." The series was created in partnership with the UCF Metropolitan Center for Regional Studies, WMFE Channel 24 and the Nicholson School of Communications, hosted by former Orange County Chairman Linda Chapin, director of the center, the "UCF Metro with Linda Chapin" show focuses on the partnership and leadership roles that UCF has undertaken as a way to strengthen the Central Florida community. The series also looks at UCF's leadership roles in regional and state issues in the economy, workforce and education.
2 boxes (2.0 Linear Feet)
Language of Materials
The University of Central Florida Metropolitan Center for Regional Studies was created in January 2001 to help foster cooperation between the University and the Central Florida community to promote regional growth. Former Orange County Chairman Linda Chapin became the director of the center as well as the host of the show "UCF Metro with Linda Chapin". The television show was produced in cooperation with the UCF Metropolitan Center for Regional Studies, WMFE Channel 24, and the UCF Nicholson School of Communications. The show began in November 2001 and currently production continues.
This collection is arranged in one series with the episodes arranged by season.
Method of Acquisition
Linda Chapin gifted these materials to the University of Central Florida Libraries, Special Collection and University Archives in 2003 (CFU2003_02).
Accruals and Additions
Collection Identifier: CFU2003_02
Collection processed by and finding aid prepared by April Karlene Anderson in 2006. Videotapes are stored in their original cases and housed in acid free storage containters. DVD copies are stored in sturdy, scratch resistant cases and are housed in the same containers as the videotapes. The finding aid was placed into Archon, with adjustments made for Archon and resulting in edition 2, by Mary Rubin in 2015. The acquisition method field and the subjects were updated by Kryslynn Collazo in 2018, resulting in edition 3.
- DVD-Video Discs Subject Source: Local sources
- Florida Technological University Subject Source: Local sources
- Public affairs television programs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Regional Economics Subject Source: Local sources
- Regional Planning Subject Source: Local sources
- Universities and Colleges -- Florida Subject Source: Local sources
- Universities and colleges -- Florida -- Orlando Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- University of Central Florida Subject Source: Local sources
- University of Central Florida -- Public services Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Video recordings Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Videocassettes Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Videodiscs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- "UCF Metro with Linda Chapin" Television Series Collection
- April Karlene Anderson
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the UCF University Archives Repository
Special Collections & University Archives
University of Central Florida Libraries
P.O. Box 162666
Orlando Florida 32816-2666 US