University of Central Florida Department of Nursing Records
Scope and Contents
Series I: Program Founding, 1968-1978 contains documents on the process of founding the Department of Nursing at FTU (UCF), as well as the correspondence of the people who played an integral role in the execution of the program.
Series II: Administration, 1982-1987 contains meeting minutes of three committees organized to ensure the success of the nursing program at UCF.
Series III: Curriculum, 1979-1985 contains meeting minutes of the committees organized to create the curriculum of the BSN program at UCF, as well as copies of syllabi and forms pertinent to course organization.
Series IV: Miscellaneous, 1979-2006 contains miscellaneous items related to special events, promotional materials such as brochures and announcements, and the nursing student organizations.
- Created: 1968-2006
- Other: Majority of material found in 1976-1984
- College of Nursing (Organization)
Biographical or Historical Information
The nursing program has continued to evolve in its quest to educate students in Central Florida. In 1995, the Department of Nursing became the School of Nursing. As of July 1, 2007, the school became the College of Nursing, which is the university's eleventh college.
2 boxes (1.5 Linear Feet)
Method of Acquisition
Accruals and Additions
- College of Nursing Subject Source: Local sources
- Florida Technological University Subject Source: Local sources
- Florida Technological University -- School of Nursing Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Nursing -- Study and teaching -- Florida -- Orlando Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Universities and Colleges -- Florida Subject Source: Local sources
- Universities and colleges -- Florida -- Orlando Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- University of Central Florida Subject Source: Local sources
- University of Central Florida -- School of Nursing Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- University of Central Florida Department of Nursing Records
- Heather Black; additions integrated by Mary Rubin
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
Part of the UCF University Archives Repository
Special Collections & University Archives
University of Central Florida Libraries
P.O. Box 162666
Orlando Florida 32816-2666 US